Doctor en Derecho por la Universidad de Cantabria
- Doctor of Law at the University of Cantabria (1999). He has worked as a lecturer and researcher at the Universities of Cantabria (1992-2003), La Rioja (2003-2004) and Vigo (from 2004 to the present).
- At the Faculty of Law of the University of Vigo he held the positions of Vice-Dean (2007-2008 and 2009-2010) and Dean from October 2012 to the present).
- He organised and coordinated during its first edition, the Master’s in Building and Environmental Law (DUMA) at the University of Vigo, the first legal Master’s adapted to the European Higher Education Area at the University of Vigo and one of the first in the Galician University System.
- He has been on post-doctoral research stays at the Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, the Università degli Studi di Firenze and the Freie Universitäte Berlin.
- He has published more than fifty articles and monographs on legal issues in foreign and national editorials and periodicals, and he has participated as head researcher or full or part time researcher in more than ten projects and programmes won in competitive calls at European (1), Spanish State (6) or regional (4) levels (see the Research section).
- From a professional perspective, he has performed judicial functions in courts of administrative litigation of Cantabria (September 2001 – August 2003) and has provided legal advice to the regional governments of Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, Murcia and Valencia, in addition to various local bodies, consulting firms and law firms in Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria and Valencia.